Have a little white discharge. Is there any chance to get pregnant?

Mar 2016

my period date is tommorow .i have a little white discharge. is their any chance for me to get and my husband trying for about 6 months to get concieve
Posted Sat, 29 Jun 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. S Patra 28 minutes later

Mild or little white discharge is quite common prior to commence of period or during pregnancy. It occurs due to effect of progesterone hormone in 2nd half of cycle.

It is wise to undergo home pregnancy test immediately after missed period as you are trying to conceive. Repeat home pregnancy test or blood test for beta-HCG is required after 7 days to confirm the same in absence of period.

Without any test, it is quite difficult to rule out pregnancy clinically in early weeks. Following above test report, you can consult with gynecologist for suggestive measures.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if you need clarifications.

Wish your good health & maintain genital hygiene properly.

Dr Soumen.
Follow-up: Have a little white discharge. Is there any chance to get pregnant? 14 hours later
i have back pain too. me had thyroid operation a year before.will this affect my chance to get pregnent.i didnt have periods yet.after how many days can i conform in home test that iam pregnant.can i test tommorow.
Answered by Dr. S Patra 1 hour later

Thanks for follow up query.

Low back pain or abdominal cramp may be present prior to commence of period. It is also seen following successful conception. Though you need to confirm it.

Yes, thyroid disturbance may cause conceiving problem. Following thyroid surgery, most of the patients experience hypothyroid state. Here, you need to consult with endocrinologist to proceed complete thyroid profile and take proper medication accordingly. Do light exercise regularly to control body weight.

I have told previously that immediately after missed period, you can undergo one home pregnancy test to check pregnancy status. To confirm pregnancy, you need to repeat the home pregnancy test after 7 days from due date if you do not get your period. Blood test for beta HCG is more reliable.

Hope, I have cleared your all doubts. If you do not need any clarification, you can close the discussion.

Dr Soumen