Have a inguinal and femoral hernia. Can I get hernia from car accident?

a rear end motor vehicle accident, i was stationary was hit in the by another vehicle at 80 kms and i hit two vehicle in front of me with my left foot was on the brake. now i have a inguinal and femoral hernias on my left side and i've been told that u can't get hernias from car accident, is this true
Posted Wed, 16 Jan 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 34 minutes later
I am Dr.Ratnakar Kini and I am pleased to answer your query.

Yes you have been told correctly. You CANNOT get hernia from car accident.

You get hernia if you have any issues that increases the abdominal pressure for a long duration of time. It could be chronic cough, chronic constipation, fluid in the abdominal cavity, heavy weight lifting, difficulty in urination and even obesity.

I hope that answers your question.
If you have no more questions, kindly accept this answer and rate this service.

Dr.Ratnakar Kini