Have a inflamed, red and painful cyst on back for several years. Is it sebaceous cyst?

Hello, I have had a cyst on my back for several years now. On occassion it would come inflammed and my wife would drain it with manual manipulation (squeezing it) . It has become larger over the last several months and now i notice that the head of this lump is not dark/black and very hard. On the bottom edge of the cyst , on the inferior periphery it seems in has become inflammed , red and painful.. The lump/cyst itself is not however, just uncomfortable due to the pressure of its increasing size.. It is about the diamter of a dime currently, with the black dark center. There is also a mole off to the side that is now red and inflammed as well.. Could this be a sebaceous cyst or something more serious?? Thanks..
Posted Wed, 20 Feb 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. P V S Prasad 43 minutes later
Your description and the site matches with the diagnosis of sebaceous cyst. You need to consult a dermato surgeon or a surgeon who can excise it and close the wound with sutures
It is a simple office out patient procedure.
Sutures will be removed on 7th day.
Nice dayy
Prasad pvs
Follow-up: Have a inflamed, red and painful cyst on back for several years. Is it sebaceous cyst? 14 hours later
Thank you so much for your intial reply to my query and the rapidity of a response. However, since my initial question, I have been able to take a picture of this area and examine it more closely. It seems to me that in fact there is a cyst ,as I mentioned , a sebaceous cyst as you say. However, just inferior to it, as I also menitoned is now a red swollen area that seems to have a white pustule head to it. I was wondering if this should be a cause for concern ? Also, the head on the cyst is dark almost black and rather hard. Is this normal as well?? I do have a picture I can send to you for further evaluation but I am not sure how I can attatch it to this message...I did not originally have the picture when I first wrote to you.
Thanks so much for your time.
Answered by Dr. P V S Prasad 4 hours later
I do understand your problem. Can u attach photo to my mail id . Then I can help u better.
E mail id. Prasaderm@hot WWW.WWWW.WW Good day