Have a hiatis herna and tears in upper stomach. Having abdominal pain. What causes blood in faeces?

Jan 2013

What causes blood in faecies, not fresh from hemroids but actually in the stool. I have a hiatis herna and tears were noted in the upper stomach 10 months ago. I recently enquired about severe pain in lower adbominal and pain on peeing but that has past. I am going to see a gyno about prolapse as I have had two children youngest is 4, and things have changed slightly.
Posted Mon, 20 Aug 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 23 minutes later
Presence of hiatus hernia with tear cause black colored blood in stool as blood color changes after exposure to acid in stomach. Red color blood from hiatus hernia and tear occurs only when massive amount of blood passes directly in stool without proper time for changing in black color. And in such condition, some amount of blood may also come through mouth.
Pain in lower abdomen and during peeing suggest some sort of disease in large/ small intestine and at peeing site.
You should consult with physician/ surgeon for localized anal disease. Hemorrhoid and anal fissure, these two disease are very common at peeing site. If these disease are not present, then you should go for colonoscopy.
Although Prolapse causes mass feeling but sometimes blood may occur during localized injury.
You should also consult with gynecologist.
Put your views if you have.
Best regards,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava