Have a hepatic lesion which is hypoechoic focus oval and vascular. Itching on forearms and symptoms of hypoglycemia. Cancerous?

ENT Specialist
I am a 41 year old male 168 pounds 5 11.5, non-smoker, and maybe drink socially once a month. I Workout 3 to 4 times a week and i am an avid soccer player.

I Have a hepatic lesion. It is 1.5 cm, hypoechoic focus oval, and vascular. This past year i have been to my gp for unexplainable itching on forearms, fatigue, symptoms of hypoglycemia. I had bloodwork done twice and failed all lfts both times which lead to a sonogram, mri and a referral to a hepatic specialist. The lesion did show on the mri but only on the t2 weighted scan and was again characterized as indeterminate. The specialist ordered my blood work and another ct scan. All blood work had returned to normal for which i was relieved. However, an additional cancer marker test were performed and one came back with a high reading of hormone levels. I recieved a call from the nurse that informed me that the ct scan was being cancelled and a octreoscan is to be performed. Does this mean there is a high probability of a cancerous net or that i have one ?

Thank you for your time.
Posted Wed, 6 Nov 2013 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Hariom Sharma 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Probability of Carcinoid tumor

Detailed Answer:

I have gone through your query.

It suggests that most probably you are suffering from carcinoid tumor.

Diagnosis of carcinoid tumor-
1. Median detection rates with octreoscan are about 89%
2. CT scan and MRI with detection rates of about 80%
3. Gallium-68 labelled somatostatin analogues such as 68Ga-DOTA-Octreotate (DOTATATE), performed on a PET/CT scanner is superior to conventional Octreoscan

But for clear cut diagnosis you may go for above mention third number investigation because it is superior to octreoscan.

If you have any doubt, I will be available for your query.