Have a hard painless lump on the top of my head/skull. Should I be concerned?

I have a hard painless lump on the top of my head/skull. It feels like its part of the skull but I just noticed it now and I am pretty sure it was not there before. What could this be? Should I be concerned?
Posted Mon, 1 Apr 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Payman Hajiazim 24 minutes later
Hi there, thanks for asking. It is probably a lipoma. They are benign and they may appear at any age. They are not XXXXXXX and they disappear after a while on their own.
please let me know if it has a regular border. Also let me know about its diameters.
Sometimes they may be related to sweat glands adjacent to the a hair root.
It could also be related to any issue related to the soft tissue. At you age the most probable thing with very high insurance is a lipoma.
We don't have lymph at top of our head, so it is not related to an infection (if it is at the top f your head). Let me know about its exact place as well.
Let me know about it. I wish you a good health.
Follow-up: Have a hard painless lump on the top of my head/skull. Should I be concerned? 33 minutes later
Thank you for your quick reply doctor.

Im not sure about the border as its covered by hair. its feels like its about
0.5" -0.75" in diameter. Just a rough estimation. Its located on the top centre right side of my head. Not sure how to describe the exact location but thats the best I can do.

Sorry I forgot to mention that the lump does not move if you touch it. It feels as if its part of the skull.

Answered by Dr. Payman Hajiazim 6 hours later

Thank you for the description. It is probably a lipoma. They are benign and it may resolve on its own. Another sign of a benign thing like lipoma is that you do not have any change in your appetite or weight change. Let me know if i am true.