Have a hard mass behind belly button. Hard to touch and feeling uncomfortable. What should I do?

Hi, I have a hard mass behind belly button, it has been tender in that spot since the birth of my 3rd child 2 years ago but now the mass is making it uncomfortable to lay on my stomach, it feels like I'm laying on a tennis ball. I also have lower back pain if I stand for too long.
Thanks for your time
Posted Tue, 9 Oct 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 2 hours later

Thanks for writing to XXXXXXX
IT MAY BE UMBILICAL HERNIA and the contents inside may be getting less blood flow and that is probably the reason for the pain.
You need to XXXXXXX a surgeon, get examined and take it from there. Get well soon.