Have a hard lump between eye and nose. Feels hard when pressed and growing in size. What is it?

I am 25 years old, male, 6'2", 215 lbs, and have a pretty clear medical history. I have a hard lump between my left eye and the bridge of my nose. It is basically sitting on the inside bridge of my nose. When I press on it, it feels really hard. It has been there for over a year now, slowly growing in size. Whats the next step? And what could it possibly be? Please see the attached pictures.
Posted Sun, 16 Jun 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 52 minutes later

Thanks for your query

I understand that you are having this skin lesion since a year now and it is increasing in size.
Having seen the pictures, I think since the lesion is a chronic one and is persisting since a year now, so i would recommend that you should see a dermatologist for proper assessment.
Well the possibilities that i can think of are cystic acne, sebaceous cyst or even a rodent ulcer.
Now to come to the exact diagnosis, there are certain things that I would like to know from you.

Is the lesion continuously increasing in size or is there any history of regression by itself in between,or did it regress anytime during an antibiotic course?
Is there any history of any kind of discharge from the lesion?
Are there any other such lesions over rest of the face?

I am sure that i will be able to help you more once you provide me the above details

Waiting for your response
Dr Geetika Paul
Follow-up: Have a hard lump between eye and nose. Feels hard when pressed and growing in size. What is it? 1 hour later

Thank you for the response. I havent taken any anti-biotics for it, just have been kind of monitoring it. It has stayed fairly small, but has recently grown in size. It is red today because I have been messing with it haha :/. There has been aboslutley no discharge from it. There are no other lesions, it is the only one. Sometimes when i press hard on it, it will receed for a little bit, but come right back.

As far as regression, when I first felt it, i pressed hard on it and it disappeared for about a week. It then continued to grown and became very hard.

It is nto painful at all, just annoying.
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 9 minutes later

Firstly I would advise you to stop messing with it.
See it is a chronic lesion, something that has been persisting for about a year now. What is really important is that it has never fully disappeared. This point is very important and leads us to a whole variety of chronic skin diseases.

According to me, the best thing for you would be to consult a local dermatologist and get a skin biopsy done. It is not something which can be so easily ignored.
Your description of the skin lesion has further widened my list of differentials which are mostly all chronic skin diseases . We need to rule out certain important diseases like leishmaniasis, sarcoidosis and cutaneous lupus.
Only a skin biopsy will be able to guide a dermatologist further.
So I would suggest you to do the same soon.

Hope it helps

Dr Geetika Paul