Have a feeling of heart beat in throat and chest. Should I be worried?

i have been feeling my heartbeat in my throat for about 6 weeks now. I is pretty much constant throughout the day. I can also feel it beating in my chest occasionally. I don't feel like I suffer any abnormal about of anxiety or stress. Serious?
Posted Sun, 15 Jul 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Anil Grover 1 hour later

Thanks for writing in.
I am a cardiologist and I read your question with diligence.

Before I reach a conclusion, I have some questions, you can answer at least some of these.

If I were to change your description to that you feel that you feel as if your heart is pounding from within your upper part of chest and throat, the same feeling you get occasionally within the chest also. However, there is no rapid beating of heart. This does not start like a 'bolt from blue' and stops as abruptly as it began. It is aggravated by exertion. How much correct this description be?

My second question is you had fainting spells. Could you please elaborate further?

Well, to me it appears volume overloaded heart. Cause of which can be one of the three :
1. Palpitations due to anemia. How much is your hemoglobin or what was your last hemoglobin you remember? Because of endometriosis you could be bleeding more than normal?

2. Some benign lesion in the heart like anxiety.

I will elaborate further after you send me the follow up query in which you can supply me all the points I have raised.

Personally, at the moment I do not think you suffer from any serious heart ailment.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

With Best Wishes.

Dr Anil Grover,
M.B.;B.S, M.D. (Internal Medicine) D.M.(Cardiology)
http://www/ WWW.WWWW.WW