Have a cyst on the top of head. What should I do to cure it?

I have a cyst on the top of my head. It has been there for 30 years, I tried picking it years ago and it has gotten bigger. My hairdresser believes it is a blocked hair follicle or oil gland. Can this make my hair thin on top and not grow>
Posted Mon, 17 Dec 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 55 minutes later

Thanks for writing in.
The blocked hair follicle or sebaceous cyst can cause hair loss for and hair thinning if it grows in large size.

It is better to get it removed.
Also I would like to know -
Since when you have this swelling?
What is the size of the swelling does it cause any discharge/pus/white matter?

Can you upload photos of the affected area?
Photos can help a lot to predict the condition.

Upload the photos and answers of the question and we can continue the discussion here.