Have a cut on finger. It has become septic and swollen. Any advice?

Jul 2012

sir, i have a cut inbetween my last toe finger and the 2nd last finger. it does not heal and has now become septic and swollen. I wear shoes for most part of the day and i also have itching above the toes always. pls advice
Posted Wed, 14 Nov 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Praveen Rodrigues 1 hour later
Hi there XXXXXXX,
I think it is safe to assume it is your toes we are alluding to!
It is very possible a mixed fungal/bacterial infection & a condition called intertrigo.
It may have even arisen due to a depressed immunity or prolonged antibiotics as happens when one is on ATT.
Please continue the antibiotics for a 10 day period in total.
In addition, please add on a Forcan-T kit (comprising 200mg fluconazole & 2gm tinnidazole) once/week for a 2-4 week period & this too will require a doctor's prescription unless your pharmacist would be kind enough to honour this transcript ;-)
In addition, use a 1% terbinafine spray in that area to both help in treatment & keep the area dry. By all means, bathe once a day but keep this web space area dry & try to wear open footwear for a 2 week period!
This should help you on your way & rid you of this infection. Good Luck!
Dr Praveen Rodrigues MD
Dermatologist, Cosmetologist, Venereologist XXXXXXX Hospital, Bangalore, India.