Have a cut near end of tail bone. Watery blood leaks from it. What should I do to heal it?

Jul 2012

I have a small cut in between but cheeks right at the top where they XXXXXXX the cut is right near the end my tail bone. It will not heal and continuously "leaks" a watery, bloody liquid(not sure how to describe it, but it is pinkish in color). there is no bump or anything, just a cut. I do a lot of cycling, and I would love for this to stop. I have done a lot of reading that a lot of people have the same problem but no one has a cure. I have used Desitin Maximum Strength for about 2 weeks and it seems to slightly help it, but does not heal it.
Posted Mon, 8 Oct 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Praveen Rodrigues 5 hours later
Hi there.
I read your history & desription with interest. I note that it does get better but not completely resolved with use of Desitin XXXXXXX strength.
It is very possible that there is some sort of pilonidal sinus (pilo:hair)in that region. This is quite a common site for that & friction & hair issues with obesity & use of toilet paper are all predisposing factors.
Might i suggest fixing an apointment with a surgeon & having it looked at before it increases in size. it is a minor issue & may require just a tiny day care surgery to set it right under a local anaesthesia possibly.
Alternatively, it can be something even simpler like an intertrigo & you can try mixing the Destilin cream with nizoral cream 1:1 for 5 days & then using a topical 1% terbinafine spray(lamisil) twice/daily to keep it dry & use it for a further 1 week. Cheers & trust this advice is spot on & you get better soon. Enjoy the cycling & trust you are always in good cheer!
Should this reply answer your query & help you make an informed deciscion, please do close it, rate us & send in your valuable feedback.
Dr Praveen Rodrigues MD