Have a color allergy. Suggest medication?

Need to talk to a allergy specialist. I have a colour allergy and am concerned about my medication which is coloured.
Posted Tue, 1 Oct 2013 in Asthma and Allergy
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 55 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No worries,

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks for the query,

The color of your medication actually has nothing to do with the allergy you do present. This is especially true if the medication is of a different color to that which you have allergies to do. It is difficult and extremely rare to find individuals who are allergic to more than one, pr at most two colors.
I really think you really need not bother about the color of the medication.

It is however very important to try as much as possible to avoid the colors the set specific symptoms (allergies) with you. There are actually no specific nor very effective medications to deal with color allergies apart from actually avoiding them.

If you got any specific questions or something particular you would love to know more about, feel very free asking. I would be honored making my contribution. For now, I do think you really need not bother.

Thanks and kind regards as I wish you good health.

Bain LE, MD