Have a cluster of red bumps on shoulder. What is causing this?

I have a cluster of red bumps on my left shoulder can you tell me what caused this
Posted Wed, 21 Nov 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 1 hour later
Hi ,

Thanks for writing in.
The condition you are having can be acne /insect bite/herpes zoster/pityriasis rosea etc .
Before suggesting you the treatment I would like you to elaborate your symptoms..
1.Is it itchy/painful/symptomatic?
2.Since when you have it?
3.Do you have similar bumps any where else?
4Can you upload photos of the affected area?

If you can upload photographs of the affected area,it will help a lot in predicting the condition and suggesting treatment.
Photos can be uploaded by using feature "upload your reports"on right side of the box.

Upload the images and we can continue discussion here.
Hope this helps.

I will be available for follow up.

MD skin and VD