Have a cluster of painless bumps on shaft the shaft of penis. Is it due to herpes?

Dermatologist
Question
hello I have a cluster of painless bumps on shaft of penis close to the head and they are flat topped they don't hurt or itch and have had them for about 5 months now wont go away could they be herpes? from what I hear herpes bumps only last for a few days and blister and scab so I don't know? I can send a picture
Posted Wed, 13 Nov 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Johny Chacko 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Not herpes

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to healthcare magic
These are not herpes lesions. They look like Fordyce's spots ( ectopic sebaceous glands). You can leave it alone. It is not infectious.
Hope this helped. If you have any clarifications I will be happy to help.

Follow-up: Have a cluster of painless bumps on shaft the shaft of penis. Is it due to herpes? 4 hours later
Thanks a lot for your answer

Answered by Dr. Johny Chacko 17 hours later
Brief Answer:
You are welcome

Detailed Answer:
You are welcome.
Wish you good health.