Have a c shaped, red, itchy and raised rash on ribs. What to get rid of it?

I have a c shaped raised rash on my left side ribs. It first appeared Sat night so it has now been here 3 days. It is very red and the bottom part of the "c" has now extended 1 1/2 more inches longer towards my left breast. It is very itchy.
Posted Mon, 12 Nov 2012 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. Kruti 30 minutes later

From your description it seems to be ringworm.
It’s a fungal infection.

However it’s difficult to confirm the diagnosis without seeing the rash.

Hence I would request you to post a photo here. Also please do let me know if you have any fluid filled blisters in clusters. You have a feature to upload the images on the right side of this query page, please utilize it so that I can answer your query better.

The treatment for ringworm is application of lamisil cream twice a day for two weeks.

Lamisil cream its available over the counter.

Please let me know if you have any queries.