Have a buzzing feeling in my left chest, what could it be?

I have a buzzing feeling in my left chest, like a miled cell phone going off
Posted Tue, 18 Jun 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 6 hours later

It will be very helpful for me in understanding your condition if you could answer some of these questions:

1)     Is the vibrating feeling superficial of deep seated?
2)     Is there any numbness in the area?
3)     Is the vibrating feeling accompanied by any pain, soreness of breasts, chest or back pain, dizziness, rapid heart rate or palpitation ( awareness of one’s heart beat)?
4)     Are you having any stress or anxiety or having any thyroid condition?

Please do get back with these answers so that we can help you in a better way. Wishing you good health.

Follow-up: Have a buzzing feeling in my left chest, what could it be? 16 hours later
I have no pain and no pressure, no numbness. There are no other issues other than taking a new med for high blood pressure. The vibrating feeling is superficial. I am very active and exercise an hour every day, aerobic and weight training.
Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 19 hours later

Thanks for writing back.

If the vibration sensation is superficial then this would be benign fasciculations. These are irregular involuntary tiny contractions of a muscle bundle. It could be due to stress, after physical exercise and electrolyte imbalance as well. Eating a balance diet and making sure you drink plenty of water, might help resolve it.

You have stated that you have started a new medicine for blood pressure. Which anti hypertensive have you started?

I would suggest you please visit your physician once and get your blood pressure checked. Considering your age, an EKG and a holter monitoring is also required.

Hope this answers your query.

If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.