Have a burning sensation while passing stool. Stool test came normal. Reason?

General Surgeon
I have a burning sensation while passing stool & after it for the past one week.I have got Routine stool test done which was normal, that is their was no visible blood or occult blood,slight mucus was there & Ph was acidic.Could you tell me what could be the problem.
Posted Sat, 30 Mar 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 53 minutes later
Olanex F has side effect like Constipation.
So,if you are passing hard stools,there will be pain and burning while passing stools.
Even with out hard stools,fissure in ano,a crack in the anal canal will produce same symptoms.
As there is no blood in the stools,haemorrhoids(piles) are excluded.
Slight mucus is normal.But,if the mucus is huge,it can be due to many causes like infection.
Please take plenty of liquids.Take high fiber diet.
Antibiotic combination of Ofloxacin and ornidazole should be taken.
Please take lactulose solution for softening the stools.
If there is no response,apply ointment containing Diltiazem or Nifedipine locally in the anal canal.
Hope i answered your query.
If you have any questions,i will clarify further.
Wish you good health
Follow-up: Have a burning sensation while passing stool. Stool test came normal. Reason? 25 minutes later
Thanks for your advice, I am having soft semi-solid stools.I had showed my family physician & he has prescribed an antibiotic to be taken twice daily for 3 days & has asked to apply Faktu cream, which is for piles as he suspects an XXXXXXX anal fissure.Should I continue applying faktu or apply the ointment you have mentioned.
Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 1 hour later
faktu is a good cream used for anal problems.
Now a days,ointments containing drug Diltiazem / Nifedipine are prescribed in fissure in ano with excellent results.
Please stop faktu and use my ointment.
Your stools should be soft.
Nothing to worry.
You will be alright.
Wish you good health.