Have a bulging disk, pain in leg and numbness on toe. How to treat this?

I have a bulging disk at L5/S1 I have had two back shots doesnt help. The doctor stated my bulge was small so they didn't want to do surgery, but the pain in my leg is so bad and it numbs my toes what can I do
Posted Mon, 6 May 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Ganesh Sanap 49 minutes later
Hi, welcome and thanks for wrinting in.
Disc bulge has very different presentation and it differ from patient to patient. In some patient having large bulge , do not have any complaints. Where as in some persons very small bulge causes significant problem. You seems belongs to later group.
You doctor has correct approach. In small bulge usually intially intraspinal steroids are used. If it fails then option of surgery is considered. It will be better if you talk with your orthopaedician regarding endoscopic micro discectomy. It is minimally invasive procedure with good results. It will give relief, definitely.

Hope I have answered your query, If you have furhter concern please let me know.