Ask a Urologist   »  

Have a blood filled lump on the inside of the penis foreskin. Should I consult a doctor?

Critical Care Specialist
Hello, I have a blood filled lump on the inside of the penis foreskin. It is about 1 - 2 millimeters big and does not hurt. I am 68 years old. I have had toncilcancer (probably from HPV-plus virus). Is it possible to make a prognosis, or suggestions, what it could be via internet as I try now? Should I consult a doctor immediately, or could I wait until springtime next year when I have my regular urological survey?
Best Compliments by
Posted Mon, 19 Nov 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Sadiq Mughal 2 hours later

The hematoma (collection of blood under skin) your mentioning inside the foreskin of your penis (1-2 mm) usually occurs due to spontaneous rupture of small blood vessels, as blood vessel in this age group lose elasticity and connective tissue ,which support them.
It is more common in people who take aspirin or other anti coagulating drugs like Heparin or warfarin. I would like to know if you are receiving any drugs like aspirin?
This should get resolved on its own in few days. If it increases in size or get infected ( becomes painful, large angry and very red) , please see your physician otherwise you can wait till your regular check up.

I hope I have addressed your concerns. Let me know if you have any more questions.

Get well soon