Have a blood blister on the center of back. Have popped it twice bt comes back. Suggest?

I have a blood blister on the center of my back. I got it when I sat down on a metal chair. I've popped it 2 times and it has come back. What do I need to do to heal? XXXXXXX
Posted Fri, 19 Jul 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Achuo Ascensius 1 hour later
thanks for the query

I understand how annoying it feels to have the blister re-occur.

You need to have the blister incised along the whole length of the blister in a sterile procedure ( with sterile material after the area has been cleaned).

Following the incision, extensive drainage should be done and with subsequent dressing with saline or iodine.

The incision should allow the skin over the blister in place so as to protect the underlying healing surface from infections and further trauma

Antibiotic creams would then be applied say twice daily and would be of great help.

You need to avoid touching with hands so as not to contaminate it.

Hope this answers your query. If you have further query, i will be glad to help.
Best regards