Have a blocked ear and it has mild pain. Did air travel. Suggestion?

Excellent

ENT Specialist
Question
I have a blocked ear(left ear) and it has mild pain as well. The symptoms started on Thursday. I did some air travel over the week end after which the block worsened. I would like to have your opinion and would like to know if there are any ENT specialists in and around CV XXXXXXX Nagar/KR Puram/Indira Nagar areas.
Posted Sun, 30 Jun 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems

Answered by Dr. Sumit Bhatti 2 hours later

Thank you for your query.

1. This seems to be barotrauma during the flight due to Eustachian Tube Dysfunction (ETD). This is very common, especially if you had a cold or ETD during the air travel.

2. Get an Ear drum examination, Impedance Audiogram (Tympanogram), PTA (Pure Tone Audiogram). Mild ETD responds to medication, decongestant drops and steam inhalation. If it does not, and any of the above tests are abnormal, a simple procedure known as a myringotomy, sometimes with grommet (ventilation tube) insertion may be done.

3. You may contact any of the following ENT Specialsits in Bangalore:
a. Prof Dr. H. Vijayendra
b. Dr. Kumaresh Krishnamoorty
c. Dr. XXXXXXX N. Dutt
d. Dr. S. XXXXXXX
e. Dr. A. Mahadeviah

I hope that I have answered your query. If you have any further questions, I will be available to answer them.

Regards.

Follow-up: Have a blocked ear and it has mild pain. Did air travel. Suggestion? 37 minutes later
Thanks a lot Dr. XXXXXXX Bhatti. It would be nice if I can get the phone/address of any of the doctors you have listed. I don't know much about Bangalore's locations. Thanks

Thank you for writing back.

1. Most of these leading ENT Specialists have dedicated websites.

2. You may follow up with your reports directly at bit.ly/Dr-Sumit-Bhatti

Regards.