Have a bladder infection with proteous mirabilis. Suggest some remedy

Feb 2014

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
I have a bladder infection with proteous mirabilis and cannot take antibiotics. What herbal remedy will work?
Posted Mon, 5 Nov 2012 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 2 hours later

Herbal Remedies are:-

CRANBERRIES :- Drink 8 to 16 oz daily of unsweetened cranberry juice, or take 2 capsules of powdered cranberry extract two to three times daily.

UVA URSI/ BEARBERRY :-Take 250 to 500 mg of extract three times daily. Uva ursi works most efficiently in alkaline urine, so it is best not used with supplements that might acidify the urine, such as cranberries or vitamin C. Overdoses may cause nausea, vomiting, ringing of the ears and convulsions.

GOLDENSEAL or OREGON GRAPE :- The recommended dosage is 200 mg three times daily. If taken as a liquid tincture, 1 to 2 teaspoons three times daily are recommended. Avoid these herbs if you have high blood pressure. Also, berberine can lower absorption of certain B vitamins.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if you have any more concerns.

Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.

Wishing you good health...