Have a benign parotid adenoma behind ear. Suggest removal method apart from surgery?

Oncologist, Surgical
I have a benign parotid adenoma behind my ear. I have no symptoms. I am afraid to have surgery and am looking for alternative medicine- homeopathy,gemmology, tissue salts and diet combination. I have found a cerified therapist who combines these therapies. My question is , does it shrink the tumour in your experience?
Posted Fri, 11 Oct 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Krishna Kiran Kannepalli 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
No therapy can shrink the adenoma.

Detailed Answer:
Hi! Thank you for the query. I can understand your fear and concern as you have already undergone a breast surgery and radiation therapy. The present problem that you have is however quite different. If you have a parotid adenoma as proven by an FNA then surgery is the only option. Surgery is curative and is absolutely safe. When the tumor is small, surgery is accomplished without complications. There is also less risk of damage to the facial nerve. As the tumor grows surgery will become difficult. There is also a remote chance of the adenoma turning into a malignancy. However, there is no urgency as the tumor is very slow growing. You can take your time and in the mean while try those alternative therapies which will give you the time that you need to prepare yourself mentally for the surgery, while keeping in mind that these therapies are not of much help in shrinking the tumor.