Have a bad scrape, swelling and nasty bruise above hip bone and sore rib cage. Should I see a doctor?

Hi I fell 2 days and scraped the left side of me right above my hip bone on a tree limb that was cut down. I have a bad scrape and a nasty bruise around it and it's swollen. It's pretty sore from my hip bone to the back of my rib cage but nothing very painful and getting a little better. Should I go see a doctor?
Posted Mon, 3 Sep 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 26 minutes later

Thanks for the question.

Yes, you should go to doctor to get primary evaluation done. Doctor might want to get a xray done to see if there is any bone injury.

Mean while you can try oral pain killer for pain and try ice application at the site of pain,

Hope this answers your question.