Have a Kidney stone. CT scan done and recommended Ureteroscopy. Suggest?

I have a Kidney stone.
My CT scan
1- Rotated ectopic left kidney, demonstrating no evidence of significant hydronephrosis fluid.
2- 7 mm nonbstructing left pelvic calculs
3- No other significant abnormality
I started drink 4 litter of water a day. Last few days started having more pain.
I want to know if I have to take EWCL or ureteroscopy ( because of the position of my kidney)
one doctor told me its XXXXXXX to do shockwave and he recommended Ureteroscopy. The other doctor wants to do shockwave.
I am totally confused about what to do
Posted Sat, 12 Oct 2013 in Kidney Conditions
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Shock wave Lithotripsy will be favourable

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for choosing health care magic for posting your query.
I have gone through your question in detail and I can understand what you are going through.
For a 8mm stone in the pelvis a ureteroscopic exploration will be more risky as the stone is placed well above in pelvis. Instead shock wave lithotripsy is a safe non invasive procedure and shold be tried first hand. If it doesnt respond then in that case, ureteroscopic removal may be necessary. But ureteroscopy can wait until lithotripsy does its job
Hope I am able to answer your concerns.
If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you.
In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link:

Wish you good health,
Kind regards
Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.

Follow-up: Have a Kidney stone. CT scan done and recommended Ureteroscopy. Suggest? 8 hours later
Thank you,
My stone is 7mm not 8mm
I read that shockwave may increase the risk of diabetes , is that right?
You mentioned that ureteroscopic removal is risky, may I know what kind of risk?

One doctor told me that because my kidney is in lower position , the shockwave removal is XXXXXXX but I did not believe that? what do you think about this .

I would like to know if you know the natural medicine called (Renevive)? is it an option?

Thank you so much
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 27 minutes later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
There are lot many questions and i will go ahead with them one by one.
1. Shock wave and diabetes are not related any where.
2. Ureteroscopic removal can cause traumatic injury and more the stoje osnaway from bladder, more is the chance of injury.
Yours is in pelvis and hence lithotripsy is preferable.
3. Shockwave removal is quiet safe.
4. I have not heard of the medicine that you hae stated but there are some ayurvedic medicine as well which are popular but no strong evidence of efficacy.
Hope that answers your questions.
Dr. Srikanth
Follow-up: Have a Kidney stone. CT scan done and recommended Ureteroscopy. Suggest? 2 days later
Thanks for the reply but I could not understand some words which are misspelled . However, your answer is very helpful as it confirmed what other doctors said before . My last question is about the food. Should I avoid some kind of foods or beverages ?
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 14 hours later
Brief Answer:
spinach tomato

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for the follow up query.
I sincerely apologize for the spelling mistakes.
You need to avoid spinach and tomato . Also you should avoid high proteins like chicken and mutton.
However above all the most important change in the diet should be to drink 3 to 4 liters of water per day. Its more important than restriction of any specific food stuff.
Dr. Srikanth Reddy MD