Have a Cipla MTP kit. How to use it?

Question
Hello. I ordered Ciapla MTP kit online and received the prescription. How do I go about taking this medication the safest way because I don't have insurance.
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Abortion and Stillbirth

Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 3 hours later
Hello.

I can appreciate your concern and you have got reasons for not visiting doctor in person.

You have with you Cipla MTP kit; this kit contains 1 tablets of Mifepristone 200 mg and 4 tablets of Misoprostol, each containing Misoprostol 200 mcg.

Normally the kit contains the dosage information and method of taking it also.

This kit is commonly used for medical abortion. It is effective also.

In spite of everything I will recommend that you must take these tablets under medical supervision only. Your doctor after proper examination will confirm that you are pregnant and having uterine pregnancy only. Then only you should take these tablets.

This is very important, as without this you can be in trouble.

These drugs at times can lead to complication like excessive bleeding, incomplete abortion, vomiting and severe abdominal pain requiring medical attention.

I will once again suggest you to visit a gynecologist and then only take these tablets.

I hope this answers your query, I will be glad to reply any follow up queries that you have.

In case you do not have follow up query, please accept the answer.

Dr.Pragnesh