Have a 25% ejection refraction. Can medication increase it?

I have a 25% injection refraction. Can medication increase it
had aoritic valvue replacement 10 years ago
Posted Sat, 17 Nov 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Anil Grover 36 minutes later
Hi there,
Thanks for writing in.
I am a qualified and certified cardiologist. I read question with diligence.
There is no need to loose hope there is lot which medical science can offer you.
Ejection Fraction of 25%; I assume it is echocardiography finding, means moderate to severe congestive heart failure. We have to find the cause for it and treat that.
You would have been prescribed treatment for heart failure now and blood thinners depending upon type of valve you were given.
If there is only valve problem and no coronary artery disease as suggested by regional wall motion abnormality on echocardiography and coronary angiography: your doctor may consider you a suitable candidate for TAVI (acronym from transcutaneous, like stent implantation). If you have coronary artery disease depending upon the associated procedure performed or not required you may be subjected to either of two:
a). Balloon Angioplasty(PTCA) and stent implantation.
b). Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery (CABG)
In the event of normal coronaries and normal aortic valve you may require bi-ventricular pacing. You can discuss this with your cardiologist. If you have question for me I will be most happy to answer. Good Luck.
With best wishes.
Dr Anil Grover,
M.B.;B.S, M.D. (Internal Medicine) D.M.(Cardiology)
http://www/ WWW.WWWW.WW

Follow-up: Have a 25% ejection refraction. Can medication increase it? 7 hours later
What exactly is bi-ventricular pacing.
Answered by Dr. Anil Grover 18 hours later
Thanks for writing back.
In some cases have heart block, the two ventricles Right and Left start working in a non synchronous manner. Normal pacemaker (implanted by a cardiologist for slow heart rate) usually paces only right ventricle or right atrium and right ventricle. This does not remove asynchronous manner. So an advance device is implanted in which three wires are placed in the heart to pace right atrium, right ventricle and left ventricle in a synchronous manner. This is called synchronization therapy for congestive heart failure. A further advance of device is adding intra cardiac defibrillator(ICD) function to it in some cases that is combo device : combination of ICD and bi ventricular pacing. I hope that answers your question if you have any more query please ask, I shall be happpy to answer; otherwise close the question with remarks and scoring. It was pleasure interacting with you. Good Luck

Anil Grover