Have Ventricular premature contractions. Can sugar free products cause heart skipping?

Cardiologist, Interventional
I have pvc's and wonder if sugar free products can set my heart skipping?
Posted Mon, 21 May 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Prabhakar C Koregol 5 hours later

Generally sugar free drinks do not cause Ventricular Premature Contractions (VPC's).

But caffeinated drink can trigger some cardiac arrhythmia's - was drink some sort of coke or similar?

Also if you had cardiac arrhythmia and were well controlled and now you are symptomatic we need to see if this is recurrence of arrhythmia or new arrhythmia. So please do get ECG done especially if you still have persistent irregular beat. The drink could just be a coincidence as well.

Hope this answers the query. Let me know if you have any more concerns.

Best Wishes