Ask a Urologist   »  

Have UTI, taken Cefixime and Norflox, not drinking much water, joint pain, low vitamin D. Is treatment correct?

this this time it a new problem . i have got uti infection since 22/6 ( very imp i consume less water)
22/6 , pus cell 30-40 , epithelial cells 18 -20 , protiens absenttook lornofloxin and left after 5 days
29/6 , pus cells 12- 15 , ephithelial cells 8- 10 cells, proteins present changed medicine to cefiixime since was feeling heaving with lornofloxin
4/7 , pus cells 35 -40 , epithelial cells 5 -6 cells., proteins absent dr has put me on norflox twice a day for 5 days and amikacin injection 2 ml for 5 days since yesterday
Actually i do not have much of water. also started cital from today. now there is no pain or discomfort in urine.
All other parameters in urine report have been normal completely .
At the same time since developed joint pain ( reuters sydrome) got vit d test done which is 6.9 ( extremely low) have taken 2 arcadeitol injection 6 lacs and calcium powder once a week for 12 weeks.
Am cured of neurocysticorsis completely.

please advise if treatment is correct.
Posted Sat, 21 Jul 2012 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 1 hour later
Hello and thanks for the query.
The treatment seems to right although I would want to add few things.
If the UTI returns,make sure to get the urine culture done and then take the antibiotics according to the report.
Must take the antibiotic for at least 2 weeks instead of 5 days.
Start taking plenty of water.

As far as calcirol powder for VIT D is concerned,it would be better if you take the sachets every week for 8 weeks followed by once in a fortnight for 3 months followed by once a month regularly.
Must take some calcium along with CACIROL powder.
Do take some sun exposure for 30 to 40 minutes a day in morning between 8 and 10 am.
I hope I am clear however you can revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck
Follow-up: Have UTI, taken Cefixime and Norflox, not drinking much water, joint pain, low vitamin D. Is treatment correct? 20 minutes later
I hope there is nothing serious and will get ok soon from this problem.

My GP also suggested that this time it would be 10 days treatment.

any other suggestions like i have started cital also from today.
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 3 hours later
There is absolutely nothing serious.
It is only a question of managing your problems well.
You may take CITAL for 10 to 14 days.
Take plenty of water.