Ask a Urologist   »  

Have UTI, having pain radiating to fingers. Cause and cure?

Psychiatrist
Question
I HAVE A U T I, AND WHEN VOIDING, I EXPERIENCE PAIN RADIATING DOWN MY FINGERS. I BROUGHT THIS UP TO MY DOCTOR WHO ADVISED THAT HE HAS NEVER HEARD OF SUCH AN INSTANCE. I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHAT THE CAUSE FOR THE PAIN IN THE FINGERS.
GEN
Posted Mon, 7 Oct 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems

Answered by Dr. Anjana Rao Kavoor 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
You might be having paresthesia

Detailed Answer:
HiXXXXX
Thanks for writing in to us.

I have read through your query in detail and understand that you might be experiencing some sort of paresthesia (tingling, numbness, pain) sensations in your fingers during voiding while having urinary tract infection.

Paresthesia can be due to different causes and conditions.
First, it could be due to remaining in the same seated or standing position for a long time. Lack of blood supply to the area, pressure on the spinal nerve due to herniated disc, hypothyroidism, diabetes, vitamins deficiency, side effects of drugs, and others conditions, are all possible causes.

Hope your query is answered.
Do write back in case of doubts.

Dr.A.Rao Kavoor