Ask a Urologist   »  

Have UTI, Urine color is clean but have white particle floating in it. What is it?

Question
dear sir , i urinated in a clean glass vessel ,although my urine colour is clean i can see white skin like floating particles in my urine and the are lots of them , what could it be ? i am scared please let me know. AS I HAVE UTI PROBLEMS
Posted Sun, 15 Sep 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems

Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 14 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Could be semen

Detailed Answer:

The initial urine stream in a day contains semen which is visible to the eye like white flakes or transparent layer kind of substances.

This is most often a normal in a young male like you.

Please do not worry if you are taking treatment for UTI (urine tract infection) from a local doctor please continue to do that.

Follow-up: Have UTI, Urine color is clean but have white particle floating in it. What is it? 1 minute later
ARE THESE ALWAYS PRESENT

Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 1 minute later
Brief Answer:
Most often in the early to late morning urine

Detailed Answer:

Most often found in the early to late morning urine.

If they are found even in the evening there is no problem.

WHEN I DRINK LOT OF WATER THE ARE LESS BUT ARE ALWAYS WHITE IN COLOUR LIKE SOFT SKIN LAYERS

Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 2 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Perfectly normal

Detailed Answer:
Sometimes if there is chronic UTI, the epithelium also erodes in the tract. So they might be present.

If you have issues, you can get simple urine microscopy or analysis, you would come to know, ask them if they look for sperm cells.

Hope this makes it clear, if you do not have any more queries, you may close it now