Ask a Urologist   »  

Have UTI. Not getting cured by medication. What should I do?

utiWhat happen if a uti goes untreated? I've been on 5 different medications and it still hasn't gone away. its been 2 to 3 months. what should I do??
Posted Fri, 21 Dec 2012 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 1 hour later
Welcome to healthcare Magic!
Make sure that you have got examined by a clinician and taking appropriate drugs.
If your UTI has not resolved in 3months it is unlikely to do now with those medicines so stop the antibiotics.
You have either a Complicated UTI or bacteria causing the UTI is not sensitive to the antibiotics you are taking.
You should revisit your physician, get an ultrasound of whole abdomen, CBC and Urine routine and culture/sensitivity test done and steps need to be taken according to the reports.
I hope the advise would be informative and useful for you.
Take Care!
Follow-up: Have UTI. Not getting cured by medication. What should I do? 10 minutes later
Thank you.
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 8 hours later
Welcome back to Healthcare Magic Physician's Desk!
Hope you get well soon.
Wish you a great health!