Have UTI. Getting back pain and bleeding during intercourse. Are these STD related?

Last night I bled during sex, this is the third time it has happened over the last few months. I have had the same partner for over four years so would like to hope it is not STD related. I have always been very small 'down there' to the point where i find even smear tests very difficult. I have also recently had consistent back pain and have been on the contraceptive pill for over 10 years. Last week I had a urine infection (diagnosed by the doc over the phone) Am a little concerened now all these symptoms are beginning to add!
Posted Tue, 26 Feb 2013 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Sundar Gnanavel 37 minutes later
Thanks for your query. The symptoms you report of namely bleeding during sexual act and low back pain point towards certain causes. Cervicitis I.e inflammation if cervix , cervical malignancy and cervical ectropion consider ing use of contraceptive pills should be ruled out. I would suggest a gynaecological examination and appropriate investigation s like high vaginal swab are recommended for ruling out the above. Sexually transmitted diseases seem unlikely in your case. Pid or pelvic inflammatory disease is another strong possibility considering history of low back pain. Hope you found the information useful.
Dr Sundar
Follow-up: Have UTI. Getting back pain and bleeding during intercourse. Are these STD related? 6 minutes later
Thank you for your response. I have a couple of questions, Cervicitis is an STD though isnt it? And also as i have explained, I am very tight and always have been, the nurses have to use smaller scopes when I have smear tests, could this cause bleeding if I am not fully aroused before penetration?
Answered by Dr. Sundar Gnanavel 36 minutes later
Cervicitis can both be sexually transmitted as well as otherwise. However narrow vagina or inadequate arousal prior to sexual act is insufficient to explain bleeding per vagina. Hope you are clear now.
Dr Sundar