Have Type 1 diabetes. Feel better with splint for triggered finger. Do I need surgery?

Question
trigger finger feeling better with splint. have T1 diabetes, 45 years. can I heal this on my own or need surgery?
Posted Thu, 25 Jul 2013 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 47 minutes later
Hi XXXXX,
Welcome to Healthcare Magic.
The healing of the trigger finger will depend on the extent of deformity and it's chronicity that is how long it is there.
If the problem is not much severe and is of recent onset there is a fair chance that it will heal by itself with rest.
Otherwise surgical management will be needed.
I hope the advise will be helpful for you.

Follow-up: Have Type 1 diabetes. Feel better with splint for triggered finger. Do I need surgery? 14 hours later
what else to do besides rest and splint? Do not want surgery.

thanks

Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 17 hours later
Hi XXXXX,
Welcome to Healthcare Magic.
You can give reasonable slit and rest to affected fingers but some exercises and positions are also necessary to augment healing.
An orthopedician or orthopedic physiotherapist can demonstrate you the methods.
Antiinflammatory drugs like diclofenac, paracetamol and serratiopeptidase are also helpful.
If these measures do not help then you should resort to surgery without prejudice.