Have Takayasu type vasculitis, brain vessels and coronary arteries affected. Want advice

Ayurveda Specialist
My son is suffering from Takayasu type vasculities. His coronary arteries, iliac and couple of brain vessels are affected. He is on high dose of steroids.

We are looking for effective medicines but no help. can we get effective advise?

Posted Sat, 25 Aug 2012 in Ayurveda
Answered by Dr. Nikul Patel 15 hours later

Thanks for posting this query.

I have gone through the details submitted and I see you are looking for ayurveda treatment for this condition.

As per Ayurveda, vasculitis, rheumatoid arthritis and other autoimmune disorders are termed as aamvat. All the conditions are managed similarly.

Before I proceed to specify the management, I would like to remind you that a quick control is difficult with ayurveda treatment, but continued and persistent treatment is believed to cure the condition.

Now, please start these medicines.
1. Br. Vaat chintamani ras 1 tab thrice a day with honey (Baidhyanath)
2. Yograj gugal (Su. Yukta) 1 tab thrice a day (Baidhyanath or other)
3. Vatari gugal 2 tabs twice a day (any company)
4. Hridayarnav ras 1 pill/tab thrice a day
5. Maharasnadi kadha (gugulu yukya) 10 ml thrice a day (Sandu)
6. Tab rumalaya gold 2 tabs twice a day (Himalaya)
The dosage needs to be changed / adjusted step by step as per the requirements, so it would be better if you can follow up with a nearby ayurveda expert.

Do not stop the current steroid dosage. We can gradually slow down the steroid dosage after some time when the severity of the problem reduces.

Along with it do not give him any sour food. Diet will have to be managed after stopping all the allopath medicines.

In addition I also recommended Panchkarma treatment after we find some improvement such as
1. Swedan karma
2. Basti karma
3. Virechan karma

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if you have any other enquiries.