Have Sore throat problem, taken medicine but no help. Suggest?

I Have Sore throat problem last three years,Please give me any suggestion.I have already taken medician, but that time improve & such as give up medician, so than Intact.
Posted Sat, 12 Oct 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Need more description

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for posting your query on XXXXXXX

It seems that you are either having recurrent colds and flu or you have recurrent allergy. If you can describe your symptoms in detail, I will be better able to help you. Since the causes of both are different, the treatment approach is a little different for both conditions.

If you can answer the following questions:

- Do you have runny nose?
- Do you have itchy eyes or pain in ears?
- Do you get fever?
- Do you get sputum? If yes, which colour?
- Have you noticed a trigger?
- Does someone in the family has similar symptoms?
- Have you gotten blood tests or other investigations done?
- Which medicines have you tried?
- What makes it better?

I am waiting for your reply.

Dr Vaishalee
Follow-up: Have Sore throat problem, taken medicine but no help. Suggest? 2 days later
4-Yes & white colour But not daily
5- No
8-Cough Sirph
Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 9 hours later
Brief Answer:
Can be GERD

Detailed Answer:
Hi again

From your description, the symptoms do not fit either colds or allergy. Another possibility is that the gastric acidity is regurgitating and irritating the throat mucosa. Such type of sore throat is usually seen when you lie down right after taking food, especially during sleep the cough worsens.

Another possibility is an infection that is chronic, thus fever is not there. I will advise that you get some tests done. The tests must include hemogram along with other tests like blood sugar levels, etc. It is also worthwhile to get the sputum sample examined under the microscope. Hence, I will suggest that you visit a pulmonologist, or at least an XXXXXXX medicine specialist to get the prescription for appropriate tests.

In the meanwhile I will suggest a few lifestyle changes to improve the immunity:

- Take lots of fruits and raw vegetables daily - atleast 5 times a day
- Exercise atleast 20 min a day. Exercise can include gym, walk, yoga, cycling etc.
- Take hygienic food and pure water.
- Do not lie down for atleast 2 hrs after taking food.
- If you smoke, then it is worthwhile to quit now.
- Avoid dust and pollen etc
- Avoid taking unnecessary antibiotic before confirming bacterial infection with proper tests.

Also let me know if you have any other symptoms or conditions apart from those mentioned already.

Dr Vaishalee