Have Short sight, retinal thickness. Prescribed to go for PRK. What are the chances for blindness with laser therapy?

I have Short sight , and I am planning to go for Laser Surgery, I have done the Preliminary
Test for it. Doctor said there is some issue with retinal thickness , it is thin, so He prescribed me go for PRK. I just want to Know is there any risk for it ? I had that it gets the clear vision slowly.. Is there any chances for blindness or blur vision or head ache after that. Can you please give your suggestions
Posted Wed, 26 Jun 2013 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra 1 hour later
Thanks for sending your query to us.
In cases of thiner cornea,where lasik is difficult,PRK is preferred as instead of creating a flap,whereby a certain thickness if cornea is required,laser is done by removing the outhermost layer epithelium and doing laser.
The disadvantage is that there is inerial discomfort and at least a week is required before vision is restored due to re epithelization of cornea.
Long term results are same in both surgeries.
This PRK is a better surgery in thin corneas.
There are no chances of blindness ,blurred vision and headache.
please do get back to me in case of any further query in this regard.