Have Rheumatic Fever earlier. Can this repeat? Worried?

Excellent

Question
My girlfriend met with Rheumatic Fever ONCE, when she was 20 years old (1998), but that fever got reduced within 10 days, and rest for 3 months. Joint pain was there for a month, and she took medicine for 3 years. Doctor gave pencilin injection for every month for 3 years as an course of dose for that attack. Is that the chances that the Fever can repeat again. Now she is 35-1/2 years old., and she is absolutely fine and didn’t get that repeat the fever after that. Is there any test that needs to be undergone. I’m worried if the fever could be repeated again?
Posted Wed, 16 Oct 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
The chances of recurrence are less

Detailed Answer:

The chances for the rheumatic fever to recur are less. The complications are the ones which have to be watched for.

Complications like Heart, joint, skin diseases etc have to be screened for. A regular check up of the above would suffice.

Follow-up: Have Rheumatic Fever earlier. Can this repeat? Worried? 11 hours later
Thanks for your prompt reply Doctor.

Is it safe to marry a girl who had Rheumatic Fever 15 years ago, or she still have that bacteria in her mouth / saliva, and can effect me while lip kiss.

Well, this fever didnt effect her memory loss or loss of hair which normally does in this kind of fever.

Now she looks physically perfect like normal person, and works in office as data entry operator.

Is this fever hereditary and our new born baby can get this fever.

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 11 hours later
Brief Answer:
Its safe

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for writing back.

Yes, its safe to marry a girl with history of rheumatic fever.

There are no chances of transmission.

Also, it would not cause any complication on pregnancy or the babies.

Follow-up: Have Rheumatic Fever earlier. Can this repeat? Worried? 4 minutes later
Thank you Doctor for the quick response....
You may please close the discussion on this topic.

I'm really happy from your reviews and quick replies.

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 13 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You are welcome

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for using this service.

If satisfied please close this answer with an rating.