Ask a Urologist   »  

Have Phimosis. Tried glansie without success. Is circumcision an option? Is there harm?

I am a 66 year old male with Phimosis and have tried the Glansie without much success . What are my options re: circumcission,Hazards and prices ,ect.
Posted Fri, 1 Jun 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 54 minutes later

Phimosis is best treated by Circumcision .Conservative methods like Glansie devices have good success in young and growing children than in adults.

Glansie devices do help but commonly present with complications like adhesions , scars and fibromatosis.

In adults Circumcision is the definitive cure for Phimosis.
Also circumcision will protect you against penile cancer as suggested by many studies.Circumcision is not contraindicated in diabetics as it is a minor surgery and the healing too is very quick in the trimmed parts.Hence, you can go for it without worries.

The cost of the surgery depends on the hospital and the kind of nursing service you prefer.The average cost would be around $2000 to $3000.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Follow-up: Have Phimosis. Tried glansie without success. Is circumcision an option? Is there harm? 21 hours later
Thank You .
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 15 minutes later
You are welcome

Thanks for using this service.