Have Paroxysmal Supraventricular tachycardia, Carotid artery stenosis. Taking Flecainide. What are the findings from Nuclear stress test?

Cardiologist
Question
can you help me understand my Nuclear stress test reults?
Resting ECG:NSR , Possible Seplat MI age indeterminate, Poor wave Progression, Nonspecific ST-T abn.
I do have Paroxysmal Supraventricular tachycardia, take 100 mg of Flecainide twice a day.
I also have mitral valve thickening and moderate regurgitation, Mild Tricuspid value regurgitaion and mild pulmonary hypertension.
thank you
Posted Sun, 10 Nov 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease

Answered by Dr. Sukhvinder Singh 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
Please see below

Detailed Answer:
Respected Ma'm
1. Your scan says it is "negative for inducible ischemia" that means there is no evidence of anginal/ ischemic/coronary heart disease on this scan. The blood supply to your heart muscles as determined by perfusion through nuclear isotopes was normal at rest and at stress. In fact your scan did not have any significant changes as compared to that on 19.4.2010.
However there is one more aspect to this i.e. exercise capacity. It has been written that test was stopped due to "Target heart rate achieve" on other hand they have written your exercise capacity is "below average for age".
If you got too breathless to run further on treadmill? If it was so and you have a sedentary life style you should undertake regular exercise under supervision of your physician. If you were not that breathless and technician stopped the treadmill on her own, then it is seemingly OK.
Hope this clarifies the issue. Please do write if there is anything else.
Sincerely
Sukhvinder

Follow-up: Have Paroxysmal Supraventricular tachycardia, Carotid artery stenosis. Taking Flecainide. What are the findings from Nuclear stress test? 9 hours later
I clean houses 5 days a week. My weight is 125.(5'5") l get palpitations, chest discomfort, and shortness of breath. I don't smoke.

Answered by Dr. Sukhvinder Singh 48 minutes later
Brief Answer:
please see below

Detailed Answer:
Respected Ma'm
1. My query to you in last answer is still unanswered. What happened during the treadmill and why was it terminated? If there was no chest discomfort during the treadmill, then it is unlikely that chest discomfort is anginal in nature.
2. Why are you receiving flecanide? What was the result of work-up at time of starting this therapy?
3. The weight (in pounds) is fine for the given height.
4. You can consult your cardiologist and at best , get a cardiac ultrasound done for a non-ischemic cardiac pathology (structural heart disease).
5. Lung diseases may produce similar symptoms. Generalized or systemic causes for such symptoms like low hemoglobin (anemia), kidney or liver diseases may be responsible. A visit to your internist will help in sorting out the exact cause for symptoms.
Sincerely
Sukhvinder

Follow-up: Have Paroxysmal Supraventricular tachycardia, Carotid artery stenosis. Taking Flecainide. What are the findings from Nuclear stress test? 12 minutes later
Test was stopped due to shortness of breath.
I take flecanide for my arrhythmia. Also have fast heart rate.

Answered by Dr. Sukhvinder Singh 21 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Need to get evaluation for lower exercise capacity

Detailed Answer:
Respected ma'm
Since the test was stopped due to shortness of breath, you definitely have lower exercise capacity than expected. You need to get evaluation for lower exercise capacity and can see either your internist or your cardiologist for same.
Sincerely
Sukhvinder