Have Parkinson's. Hydrogen Breath Test showed borderline. Prescribed Xifaxan. Have UTI. Will xifaxan help?

I have Parkinson's and my shaking is insde not out.. I had an endoscopy this past Tuesday because of stomach pressure,hurting,etc. The doctor didn't seem alarmed by anything. There was a little redness and I will get pathology results in a week or so. I also had a Hydrogen Breath Test and the results were borderline. He prescribed 10 day prescription of xifaxan. I take 4 carbodopa/levodopa tablets each day.....I may have gastroperisis. Had test. One doctor says yes,and one says maybe. I am writing this because it is Saturday. On top of every thing, I woke up with a the urinary tract infection? This morning my fifth tablet is due. 550 MG twice a day.
Posted Fri, 19 Jul 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Jorge Brenes-Salazar 1 hour later
dear patient

thanks for your health concerns. the rifaxan antibiotic would target gut organisms but not necesarily the typical organisms of a urinary tract infection; most likely a different antibiotic such as as sulfa or quinolone will be necessary.

yours truly

Dr Brenes Salazar MD
Mayo Clinic MN