Have Pain on one side of back and hips also hurt along with lots of gas. Underlying cause?

Question
Pain on one side of my back on the right , now went to the other side and my hips hurt...I have some problem going to the bathroom...and i have a lot of gas
Posted Mon, 5 Aug 2013 in Back Pain

Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 2 hours later
Hi and thanks for the query,

It might be necessary to get a proper clinical review. The kind of problem you have going to the bathroom is very important. This could due to bowel or bladder problems. There is a probability that a mass in the abdomen should certainly be compressing the bladder. A rectal examination is very important.

I would love to know if you have tested for colon cancer or not. A colonoscopy could be of great importance. A mass in the colon could compress the bladder that could explain bladder symptoms. Doing a CT scan of the lumbo sacral spine is necessary to explain back pain is good.

Doing a clinical evaluation is important in orienting other paraclinical tests and making a proper diagnosis.

Thanks and kind regards. Feel free asking further questions if need be . Wishing you the best of health.

Kind regards.

Bain LE, MD.

Follow-up: Have Pain on one side of back and hips also hurt along with lots of gas. Underlying cause? 40 minutes later
Well i just went to the bathroom now...I have no insurance or no money to go to a doctor thats why im asking here...I have some ice of my back. It feels a little better now. I cant afford a colonoscopy I have no insurance and we are living on my hubs SSI check each month.

Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 6 minutes later
Hi and thanks for the query,

I am sorry you can t afford a colonoscopy. However, due to the age and symptoms you might actually need to sacrifice, even if not immediately, but in the nearest future to get one done.

Ice parks offer symptomatic relief. However, it is compelling to know the actual cause of these symptoms. If ice parks help, it s fine, you could associate simple analgesics like Acetaminophen and a gastritis.

Life style changes like increased intake of water and fluids, vegetables and fruits could actually do a lot help. Exercise, like having a walk could help.

Actually consider visiting your physician. I understand it s expensive, but you insert it amongst your priorities. Thanks and hope this helps as I wish you the best of health. Kind regards and be good.

Bain LE, MD.

Follow-up: Have Pain on one side of back and hips also hurt along with lots of gas. Underlying cause? 5 minutes later
I cant afford it...Maybe i could go to a Fast Care place...But I'll wait a little bit. Like a week see how i feel...This just started Thursday and I'll do some of the things you said above.

Thank you

Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 7 hours later
Hi and thanks for your comments,

I strongly suggest the life style changes too as you said you were going to get them done, as I pray you get better. Other wise, planning and thinking deeply of getting a complete clinical review is still very important.

Thanks once again as I wish you good health.

Kind regards.

Bain LE, MD.