Have PVC's. Feeling shortness of breath and pain in stomach and chest. Any advice?

Hello. past history of PVC's/slight MVP(docotr said MVP was ever so slight and not to worry about) here/no significant findings prior to pregnancy in 2010 (multiples) . Have not really had PVC's for the past year. 2 months ago, I started a good exercise routine. I have lost 20 pounds. I started having stomach/chest pains. I went to GI and everything on that end was ruled out and looks good. lately, I have been extremely worn out especially after climbing stairs, pushing a stroller, lifting the kids up, bending over to pick things up....... I start having immediate PVC's and shortness of breath. I have to stop everything to catch my breath and calm my heart down because at that point it is racing. I am just tired of this. I work out almost everyday...1-2 hours a day. I can walk or jog on the treadmill and do an elliptical machine for an hour and no big deal. Hoewever, if I try an aerobics class, I can only last about 5 minutes and I cannot breath due to these palps and racing heart. I have also had neck and jaw pain plus stomach pain about every other day. My bp is only happens upon certain activities that I listed above. I want to feel normal again...any advice? Thanks! 36 female
Posted Sun, 21 Oct 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Anil Grover 6 hours later
Hi there,
Thanks for writing in.
I am a qualified and certified cardiologist.
I read your mail with diligence.
Treadmill, walking and jogging is also aerobic activities. If these do not disturb you yet what kind aerobic class activity disturbs you? To enable me to answer your question this is necessary. (you have written climbing bending down but that is contradiction for person who exercise daily and in your words can walk for hours!)
Please get yourself looked in for cervical spondylosis because the amount of exercise you can tolerate it is not likely that jaw pain and neck pain is related to heart.
Dr Anil Grover,
M.B.;B.S, M.D. (Internal Medicine) D.M.(Cardiology)
http://www/ WWW.WWWW.WW
Follow-up: Have PVC's. Feeling shortness of breath and pain in stomach and chest. Any advice? 19 hours later
Climbing my staircase at home, a ZUMBA class at the gym/bending over after bathing my babies/pushing the lawn mower, dancing to fast music...these are the activities that bring on PVC's and a racing heart. I know it makes no sense that I can walk on the treadmill and do the elliptical, but my heart rate stays around 118-130. ( I do this on purpose because I want to burn fat and I like my heart rate at that is comfortable) It is when my heart rate gets to like 145 and up that I get PVC"S and I cannot breath.
I used to be able to dance, run, do everything, but know I cant because I cant keep up!
Also, I had an xray of my spine and they didn't metion anything with discs...they said all was good. Do you think that the preeclampsia that I had while carrying my twins in 2010 could have done some damage to my heart? My bp was elevated for months and worsened after delivery. I thought I would let you know about that too
Thanks for all your help! :)
Answered by Dr. Anil Grover 3 hours later
Thanks for writing back.
Regardless of insignificant MVP, the occurrence of PVCs on exercise (when you achieve higher heart rate) and previous history of high blood pressure during pregnancy merits further workup. What you have rightly pointed out "some damage to heart" needs exclusion up to that point I agree with you. Well, cervical spine has not been looked into so far as I can gather it would be worth knowing. Now, as an abundant precaution considering you are only 36 year old lady, I would urge you to consult a cardiologist. Who can do thorough review of your physical examination and suggest the necessary investigation which would reassure us on issues:
a. How serious your PVCs are? and
b. Do you have any evidence of coronary artery disease or its risk factors.? &
c. What cardiac medicines or medicines for blood pressure you need if any?

I have not examined you and did not see your investigations so that is the best I can suggest under present circumstances. Good Luck.
With Best Wishes

Anil Grover