Have PCOS, thyroid and cyst in ovary. Need a diet chart to reduce weight

Am XXXXXXX 25 yr old. 1 yr got married am having thyroid from past 4 month am taking thyronorm from past one month and its 1.7 now. i have PCOS in right ovary and small cyst. Am going for gym. i need to know my diet chart. what al can i eat n what height is 5.7
6" weight-73kg. from 2012 march i gained lots of weight i need to reduce it. so i need diet chart.

Posted Sat, 19 Jan 2013 in Diet Plans
Answered by Dr. Kulbir Singh 2 hours later
Hello XXXXXXX and thanks foe writing in

It is very difficult for Thyroid patient to lose weight but not impossible. Let me suggest you some useful tips both to treat hypothyroidism and reduce weight.

Following a healthy, well-balanced diet is a great starting point for hypothyroidism patients who choose to lose weight.

1. Certain foods like carrots, spinach, olive oil, avocados, asparagus, whole-grain cereals, bananas and oily fish are helpful in improving thyroid functions and metabolism. When planning meals, be sure to regularly include these foods.
2. Foods that interfere with iodine uptake must be avoided. These are cabbage, broccoli, sweet potatoes, lima beans and soy products.
3. Cold drinks, sodas, etc., contain caffeine affects thyroid function, so they should be avoided.
4. Exercise for about 45 minutes per day is sufficient and helps in reducing weight and stress.
5. Stress is thought to be a contributing factor for people who develop hypothyroidism. Avoid stress as much as you can.
6. Finally it all just depends on how many calories you consume. It is the calories which results in weight gain. Take calories according to your weight (about 1900 calories per day). Burn your calories to reduce weight by regular exercises.

You can calculate the amount of calories present in the food by using the internet and make your own diet chart according to that and your taste. You can know by this that how much you can take and how much you have to burn by exercise.

Hope this will help you. Write if you have any follow up query.

Best Wishes
Dr. Kulbir Singh
Follow-up: Have PCOS, thyroid and cyst in ovary. Need a diet chart to reduce weight 38 minutes later
Thank you doctor for suggestion. i have heard bannana helps in gaining weight then how can it help me to reduce weight.

i am now following diet can you suggest me wheather its proper.

6- 2 glass warm water.
9- cornflakes with milk / oatsmilk.
12- 1 i wil work out at gym.
1:45- 2 roti with sabzi, one cup dal, salad , buttermilk.
4- tea with four XXXXXXX biscuit.
9-1 roti with sabzi, salads and one cup sprouts .

I used to take honey in water in early morning for blood purification for many years. past one yr an not doing can i continue it.
Hello and thanks for writing again
Yes banana adds up to weight if used daily with milk and in large quantity. Also I have written banana because it helps in improving thyroid functions. Banana has more calories so you can reduce calories in other products you have to take rest of day.

You are following a good diet cart but make sure that you include every minerals and vitamins in it. Continue with honey it helps in reducing weight. More importantly you have to control your Thyroid function, abnormal Thyroid Function Test cause gradual weight gain as you are experiencing it in past few months.

Dr. Kulbir Singh
Follow-up: Have PCOS, thyroid and cyst in ovary. Need a diet chart to reduce weight 46 minutes later
Thete are two types of bannana which one s gud for thyroid and i have heard ladies finger and flayted beans helps in thyroid fun is this right?
Answered by Dr. Kulbir Singh 40 minutes later
Hello there
Yellow banana is good. As per I know lady finger is known to be good in previous studies but now it is in the list of vegetables to be avoided. As per the beans are concern except XXXXXXX beans all other has to be avoided. If you have read about these vegetables recently please let me know.
Dr. Kulbir Singh