Have PCOS, taken birth control pills. History of miscarriage. Taking Ovral to regulate periods

Hi, I have pcos from past 10 years, now i am 28 yrs old married,i was put under birth control pills before marriage, i got married in 2008, i conceived naturally after 2 months of my marriage, but i had hypertension during pregnancy time and i lost my baby inside stomach during 8th month, till 26 weeks, baby growth was fine, doctor told it was due to placental hemmorage, mow iam trying for baby from past years with no success. My periods wont come until i take some pills, naturally i am not ovulating at all. currently i am taking ovral l to regulate my periods.
Posted Wed, 26 Sep 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 41 minutes later
The first thing to do here is undergo a complete hormone profile and ultrasound.Along with LH,FSH,TSH,PRL ,FBS you should also get AMH (anti mullerian hormone) test done to evaluate the ovarian status.We need to find out the status of the ovarian follicles.If your ovarian reserve is low,then you cannot concieve naturally.You will possibly need assisted reproductive techniques.
I suggest that you and your husband both get tested.
After you get those tests done,your condition can be evaluated better.
You can continue the ovral L till your reports come in.But if you want to concieve, then eventually you will have to get off the pills and your periods may become irregular again.
I suggest that you get these tests done and then get back to me.