Have PCOS, done Novasure procedure. Now abdominal pain, bloating, gas, no discharge. Concerned

I had the novasure procedure 4 months ago and never had any discharge after the procedure was done. I have PCOS and had a partial tubal due to an ovarian cyst in 2010. Now I have no period but I have sharp pains in my lower abdomen around what would be my period and terrible bloating and gas pain during that time too. It goes into my thighs and my lower back, my doctor never examined me at my post op she only asked how I was feeling and was very dismissive of my symptoms. I'm concerned about the pain and bloating and no discharge at all...
Posted Fri, 28 Sep 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
The novasure procedure is endometrial ablation procedure and is done to reduce the thickness of endometrium and to decrease the uterine bleeding during periods.
Having no periods or discharge after the procedure is a common finding. It takes 3-4 months for the uterine lining to adjust to the procedure.
The pain and bloating around the time of your period is likely to be due to the pre menstrual syndrome. The post op complications after this procedure are rare. You can use a mild pain killer along with antispasmodic and some hot fomentation in the lower abdomen to relieve yourself from these symptoms. These pains are likely to reduce after next 2-3 cycles. Please do not worry.
In case the symptoms are persistent then you can go for an ultrasound scan of lower abdomen to find out any other pathology.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Follow-up: Have PCOS, done Novasure procedure. Now abdominal pain, bloating, gas, no discharge. Concerned 13 hours later
That's good information, thank you. I'm still concerned with a few things , I was told the procedure would be five minutes and mine took an hour because they couldnt get me dilated, during this time I was in the dr office with only 1 Valium and so my whole body started to shake from the pain the procedure was causing and @ one point the instrument got stuck inside me! They even had to turn off the heating device and restart with it still In me because it was malfunctioning. All said I found it odd the doctor didn't examine me at post op, is this normal not to do a follow up check on the Patient to make sure the tissue hasn't "sealed shut" or anything odd hasn't occurred? Also she said I didn't need a yearly check up now for my pap, I have always had one since my risk of cancer is higher with PCOS so does this procedure reduce that risk ? I don't want to take any chances, I've lost two family members to cancer
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 29 minutes later
Thanks for writing again.
Immediate post op examination may be painful sometimes. To know that your cervical canal is patent and nothing is collected inside the uterine cavity, an ultrasound examination will help in proper diagnosis.
Although there is lesser need of PAP smear screening after the procedure, still it is best to go for an yearly screening as you have a positive family history.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.