Have PCOS and medibolic syndrome. Taking diamox and medications for blood pressure. Has psydo tumor, gastric sleave and seizure. Help?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Nov 2013
Nov 2013

Neurologist
Question
Dr. XXXXXXX XXXXXXX

Dr. XXXXXXX XXXXXXX

Neurologist

Medical History
PCOS, medibolic syndrome before these things happened to her when she was 18.

Current Medications
diamox, blood pressure (don't know what kind), and pain medication

Known Allergies
many, don't know, if it's critical you know, can get it from our daughter for you.

User Selected Category : Brain and Spine

Gender : Female

Age : 19

Upload New Reports �
All Health Queries

View all �
Our 19 year old granddaughter has psydo tumor and had the gastric sleave, and has lost 55 lbs., which her neurologist said will help the psydo tumor. This was a year ago. Now she's having seizures, she had a stroke in her 6 nerve and has 6th nerve palsy; she now has spinal stenosis with her spine curving and 2 herniated disks, she has nerve damage (which they call fibromialgia) all over her body, she has migraines and now they say her seizures are conversion disorder and she's seeing a psychotherapist. Her tonsils in cerebrium were enlarged suggesting cehria, but my daughter even had a doctor laugh and said that's not the problem (she didn't even look at the MRI). My granddaughter cannot even leave the house without having some kind of seizure. She is going down hill right before our eyes and it's been a year and a half, and nobody will diagnose her so she can be treated. We are frustrated, we don't know where to turn now. We've been given no direction to help XXXXXXX please, by what I have said here, where do we go now?
Posted Thu, 11 Jul 2013 in Epilepsy

Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 24 minutes later
Thank you for getting back.

I request you to upload her MRI brain report, so that I can go through that in detail, regarding the herniation of tonsils, and any pressure on brainstem or cervical cord.

Please get back if you require any further help/information.
Please get back if you require any additional information.

Best wishes,

Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist
Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad,
My personal URL on this website: http://bit.ly/Dr-Sudhir-kumar
My email: YYYY@YYYY
My blog: http://bestneurodoctor.blogspot.com/

Follow-up: Have PCOS and medibolic syndrome. Taking diamox and medications for blood pressure. Has psydo tumor, gastric sleave and seizure. Help? 45 minutes later
Thank you for answering me. I have to get that report, and I can send a picture of the MRI also (I think) from my daughter. She is in bed now, it's 1:00 AM here, so I will definitely get those in the morning and send right to you. Thank you so much for wanting to review her MRI. Will talk to you again in the AM.

Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 1 hour later
It would be my pleasure to review your grand daughter's MRI.
Good night and take care,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology)

Follow-up: Have PCOS and medibolic syndrome. Taking diamox and medications for blood pressure. Has psydo tumor, gastric sleave and seizure. Help? 11 hours later
Good afternoon Dr. XXXXXXX
It's taken awhile to get the pictures, but I have sent them to your email address: YYYY@YYYY ; I didn't know how to add them to this file, so I hope they came over alright.
My daughter said that she didn't get the reports, but the neurology office called her and said that the MRIs were "normal". I'm really wanting to see if you see anything different. These were done without contrast.
I'm also sending a picture of my beautiful granddaughter. She is smart, pretty, talented in art, and is a really sweet, caring girl. Please help and give me the whole truth, good or bad. Thank you, I'll be waiting for your answer.

Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 7 hours later
Thank you for getting back.

There are a series of emails, but MRI reports have not got attached to them. May be you can resend them with the attachment.

Your granddaughter is indeed pretty, and I wish she would become healthy soon!

Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology)

Follow-up: Have PCOS and medibolic syndrome. Taking diamox and medications for blood pressure. Has psydo tumor, gastric sleave and seizure. Help? 21 hours later
Dr. XXXXXXX Please check your email now, my daughter sent the pictures to you. She sent them to me on her iphone and for some reason I couldn't attach the photos, but thought I did... Anyway, if there is a problem with the new emails, let me know. I know you are probably a very busy man and I just appreciate so much that you are looking at them. Please tell me the truth of what you see, good or bad... by the way, my name is XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 2 hours later
Hi Ms XXXXXXX

Thank you for getting back.

The last email I received was about six hours ago, and a single MRI photo was received. Even though it is not of very good quality, it seems to show only a minor tonsil herniation, and as such, it is not of any serious consequence.

Please get back if you have any more MRI photos, or you may scan and send the radiologist report.

Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology)

Follow-up: Have PCOS and medibolic syndrome. Taking diamox and medications for blood pressure. Has psydo tumor, gastric sleave and seizure. Help? 40 minutes later
Dr. XXXXXXX My daughter just emailed you 2 more photos. Hope you receive them ok. Thank you for your answer, this is more than any doctor here has told us. They just avoided the whole subject with us, not even saying if it's serious or not. Hopefully these 2 will be clearer for you to read. They haven't been back to the neurologist yet, appt is next week, then they can get a copy of the radiologist's report. This MRI was taken about 2 weeks ago. I'll be looking for your next review, thank you so much.

Thank you.

The last two pictures had very good clarity.
And the good news is that the tonsillar herniation seems even lesser in these, so, there is no need to worry about her MRI findings.

Please keep me informed about her progress and follow with the neurologist.

Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology)

Follow-up: Have PCOS and medibolic syndrome. Taking diamox and medications for blood pressure. Has psydo tumor, gastric sleave and seizure. Help? 12 hours later
Hello again,
We've got a couple more questions... Is it possible that this minor herniation can cause CSF flow disruption? And in turn, increase intracrainal pressure, causing intermittence extreme symptons? Also, did the psuedotumor look normal in this MRI? My daughter asked me to ask this, I know you said not to worry - hopefully this will be the last questions... We so appreciate you. I'll be looking for your reply. I only have 6 more hours for this session. Thank you.

Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 8 hours later
Thank you for getting back.

1. This minor herniation can not cause CSF flow disruption. So, there is no question of intracranial pressure (ICP) going up because of this.

2. Pseudo tumor can not be seen on MRI, as there is no tumor in pseudo tumor. Pseudo means false. In this condition, the ICP increases without a tumor, usually without any known cause.

Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology)