Have PCOS. Want to become pregnant. Suggested BC pill for continuous bleeding. Any other options?

So I have PCOS. I want to become pregnant so i don't want BC. The problem is that I have been bleeding for a couple of months and my Gynecologist only option is BC. This has happened in the past and the birth control really helped but I have had a blood clot so they are not an option anyway anymore. Please help. Are there any other options?
Posted Sun, 16 Sep 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Minoo Bhagia 4 hours later

PCOS can be controlled by Metformin along with ovulation induction drugs and progesterone.

You can avoid taking oestrogen , cyproterone acetate or dosperinone.

Surgical treatment which is laparoscopic ovarian drilling also gives good results.

If you are having heavy periods then you can go for an endometrial biospy and curettage which is diagnostic as well as therapeutic.

Thyroid function tests should be done or get them repeated.

To conclude , metformin along with dydrogeterone or medroxyprogesterone and tranexamic acid with iron supplements and ovulation induction drugs usually control the bleeding.
You may require other investigations like FSH , LH , estradiol , progesterone levels etc

D&C and LOD are the surgical choices.

Good diet which is XXXXXXX in iron with less stress and exercise also help in curing PCOS

Best wishes

Any further query is most welcome