Have PCOS. Tying to conceive. Urine showed positive for ovulation. HPT negative. Started spotting

I'm a PCOS trying to conceive for almost two years. lately i went for my checkup on 28th March 2013 (day 20) and i was given jab because my urine showed positive for ovulation. i was told to be in relationship for next two days and i'm also taking progynova to help thicken my uterus lining.
i did not get my period yet but a blood test was done on 10th April 2013 and the result came back negative. i'm having spotting for 3 days what should i do now?
Posted Tue, 7 May 2013 in Getting Pregnant
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 16 minutes later
If the blood test on 10th April has come back negative then pregnancy is ruled out. The mild spotting that you are having is likely to be due to the impending period. You should get your period bleeding in next 2-3 days. In case the spotting continues then do get a repeat blood test for pregnancy done after one week and consult your gynecologist for proper hormonal treatment and ovulation induction treatment in case the test is negative again.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Follow-up: Have PCOS. Tying to conceive. Urine showed positive for ovulation. HPT negative. Started spotting 13 minutes later
At the same time i'm having breast pain as well. it is swollen and feel tender to touch. i've gain weight tremendously in just two weeks and my bra size also changed. the doctor said it could be due to progynova, hope to get further explanation.
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 4 minutes later
Thanks for writing again.
Yes. The changes that you are feeling could be related to the hormonal treatment- Progynova. This causes hyperplasia of the breast tissue. The pregnancy is not likely as the blood test is a highly specific and sensitive test to detect a pregnancy.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Follow-up: Have PCOS. Tying to conceive. Urine showed positive for ovulation. HPT negative. Started spotting 10 minutes later
what would be advisable to do so that i can conceive. i've taken clomid before and the eggs are always small. i really want to have a baby. if i get me period now should i start clomid again.

Thank you.
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 12 minutes later
To conceive and get good size eggs, you should start with clomid 50 mg or 100 mg after you get your periods in consultation with your gynecologist.
Also hormonal tests of FSH, LH, Estrogen, Progesterone, Androstenedione, Thyroid hormones will be needed.
Both of you should try to have regular intercourse during the ovulation days or fertile days(9 to 16 days in a regular cycle of 28 to 30 days duration).The frequency of intercourse during ovulation should be at least every alternate days.